As we further describe below, we may share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. You can elect for us not to do so by editing your preferences in your account profile, or by emailing us at email@example.com (please include your name, mailing address, and email address).
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- This Site is owned or operated The Wedding Planit (referred to collectively in this Policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
- Unless otherwise specified, this Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than from you through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person.
- Advertisements that may be displayed to you on this Site and other sites may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your Personal Information and Site usage information (as further described below) collected through our Site.
While you may be able to visit and view content on the Site without providing any Personal Information, we may collect Personal Information on or through the Site in various circumstances. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you or contact you as an individual, as well as information attributed with such information. Personal Information includes, for example, your name; age or date of birth; postal address; e-mail address; telephone number; text message address; screen name or username; photograph; gender; geolocation information; payment card and other payment information; event dates and related information; information about your family; and interests, hobbies and demographic information. We collect Personal Information via the Site in a variety of circumstances, such as when you conduct a transaction on our Site; create an account on our Site; edit your online profile; sign up for our newsletters; sign-up for certain services; make online purchases; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys; contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, message board, list serve, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Site; or submit a comment or question to us by using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site. On some of our Sites, you may not be able to participate in certain activities or access certain content, unless you provide us with the requested Personal Information.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit the Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your usage of and navigation around the Site. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site. All of this information may be used for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to gather aggregated demographic or statistical information.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. These technologies may enable us to, for example, assign a unique number to you, to collect information about your usage of our Site, administer the Site and our systems, and to relate such Site usage information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. By using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies. Examples of the types of tracking technologies deployed on the Site include the following:
- “Cookies” are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. In addition to the general purposes listed above, cookies may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as other Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username) and/or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, limit your use of the Site or its features.
- “Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- A “pixel tag” (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
- “HTML5” (the language some Web sites, such as mobile Web sites, are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities and to help determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
The above tracking technologies may be deployed by us or our service providers on our behalf. We may use third-party web beacons to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. By using our Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
How we may use your information
We (or one of our service providers, on our behalf) may use your information (including your Personal Information and Site usage information) for a variety of purposes, such as the following:
- processing and fulfilling your transactions
- administering the Site, the Site’s features and services, and your account with us
- enabling users to use the Site and the Site’s features and services
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- developing new features and offerings on the Site
- sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Opt In and Opt Out section above.
- protecting our rights and property
- customizing the Site to your interests and history with us
- tailoring ads displayed to you on our Site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- other purposes described at the time you choose to provide Personal Information to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site usage information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
How we may share Personal Information and Site usage information with others?
We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with our affiliates and third-party providers who need your information in order to provide services to us or on our behalf, and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your information:
Your Access Rights
You may be able to review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in a user account set up with us on the Site (if you have one with us on the Site) by logging in to the “My Planit” or similar area of the Site or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
We use various efforts intended to safeguard the security and integrity of Personal Information collected on this Site. For example, where appropriate, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), private networks, intrusion detection measures and firewalls, and payment card information is encrypted in our system.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure from access by unauthorized parties. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. If you create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Links to other Web sites
Children under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.